Ever realized you forgot to add your MileagePlus number when booking a United flight? Or perhaps you joined the MileagePlus program after your trip? Don’t fret! Here’s a comprehensive guide on how to claim those missing miles.
Understanding the Basics of claiming miles
Before diving into the process, it’s essential to understand a few basics:
- MileagePlus Membership: You must be enrolled in MileagePlus before the flight to claim miles.
- Boarding Pass: Always ensure your MileagePlus number is attached to the reservation and appears on your boarding pass. This makes the process smoother.
- Time Frame: United provides a generous window for claiming miles. Current members have up to 12 months after the flight date, while new members can claim for flights taken 30 days before joining.
Claiming Miles for Past United Flights
- Visit United‘s Website: Head to the official United website dedicated to requesting missing miles.
- Login: Access your MileagePlus account. If you aren’t a member yet, consider joining first.
- Provide Ticket Details: Input your ticket number, which typically starts with 016 for United flights.
- Additional Documentation: Occasionally, United might ask for a copy of your boarding pass and receipt. It’s a good practice to keep these handy.
- Submit: Once you’ve filled in the necessary details, hit the “Submit” button.
Note: If you’ve flown without joining MileagePlus, you can still claim miles for flights taken up to 30 days before joining. For a $50 fee, you can even request miles for flights taken up to six months before enrolling.
Claiming Miles for Other MileagePlus Partners
United’s generosity isn’t limited to its flights. You can also claim miles for other partner activities:
- Train Travel with Amtrak: If your miles from eligible Amtrak travel don’t reflect after 15 days, head to United’s website and upload proof of travel along with a receipt.
- Hotels, Car Rentals, and More: The same platform allows you to request missing miles for expenditures on partner hotels, car rentals, and other associated services.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I get miles for someone else’s flight with United?
No, you cannot earn miles for someone else’s flight. Miles are awarded to the traveler, not the person who pays for the ticket. However, the traveler can transfer or gift miles to another MileagePlus member for a fee.
2. Can I claim miles for flights taken before joining MileagePlus?
Yes, you can claim miles for flights taken up to 30 days before joining MileagePlus. For a $50 fee, you can even request miles for flights taken up to six months before enrolling.
3. Can you add a frequent flyer number after a flight?
Yes, if you forgot to add your MileagePlus number when booking a flight, you can request missing miles after your flight. Just log in to your MileagePlus account, navigate to the “Request missing miles” section, and enter the necessary flight details.
While it’s always best to ensure your MileagePlus number is on your reservation and boarding pass, life happens. If you ever find yourself missing some miles, United’s process is straightforward and user-friendly. By following these steps, you’re well on your way to topping up your MileagePlus balance and jetting off on your next free flight!